View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #27
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Oddometer: 7,103
I haven't had much luck with the points. Seem to be pretty fragile. Fall apart when I touch them. Been real lucky in the past as long as I didn't mess wit 'em. If I get the Doc's kit, I'll put that one in and carry a new Facet until I'm good and sure the OEM will be reliable enough for the Road of Bones. Prolly find a place on the bike to stash it anyway. Never can be too safe

I'll find a place for my old 40171 on one of the farm implements around here, or maybe replace the 100k mile Mr Gasket flux capacitor on my ST1100. Prolly be closer to the proper pressure for the V4 anyway.

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

cpmodem is offline   Reply With Quote