View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 05:48 AM   #8
ejtv OP
Per ipsum

Oddometer: 1,412
Day 3: Eastern AR to The Ozarks

Day 3 took us from Clarendon AR, in SE Arkansas, to the eastern sections of the Ozarks.

We had to do the second re-route of the trip, around the Wattensaw Wildlife Management Area just north of I-40, due to flooding of Hurricane Creek, but we got a chance at least explore inside the park.

Eventually we got to the first few hills of the Ozarks and after a couple of interesting crossings like this one,

we got to our first mountain views of the trip:

Unfortunately, the 2nd mechanical, my GPS had deleted all of the planned tracks in the Ozarks (and the rest of Arkansas). I tried a few things in the Zumo that didn't work and also called home to attempt to upload the GPX file from my home computer into my Dropbox and from there email it to MotionX to import it into my iPhone's MotionX but for some reason, my Dropbox wasn't synching from my home computer either.

So after riding into the evening trying to avoid pavement as we made our way into Russellville for dinner and lodging we eventually gave up and took SR 7 south into town.

Here's the video summary of Day 3. You can adjust the quality, including up to HD, depending on your internet connection speed:

Road Reports by ejtv click here
ejtv is offline   Reply With Quote