View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,740
A few more pics of the Aprilia before I try to explain how and why we ended up on a scooter.

Our last 2 up bike was a 95 BMW R1100GS. A couple of years ago it was taken out of commision by Bambi. Since then we had done very little riding together. All of my other bikes were single cylinder Dual Sports and didn't work well 2 up. About 6 weeks ago, I sold the GS and another bike. The ADV flea market works well as both sold in less than a day. When I told Debbi the bikes had sold she said " Can we get another bike that's comfortable 2 up now?"

Of course being a sensible guy I am I said no, we should spend the money on yard maintenance or a new vacuum cleaner................

What, you don't believe me

Of course Debbi has ways of changing my mind

So she grabbed my arm and twisted real hard. So I agreed that we would go bike shopping. So we did. We looked, sat on and even test rode a bunch of motorcycles and scooters. I was really leaning on getting a scooter since I had been bitten by the scooter bug when I bought my first scooter, a Kymco Super 8 150, several months earlier.

So, we eventually decided on getting a Piaggio BV250. So how did we end up on the Aprilia? Stay tuned.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote