View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
rtadlock OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,237
Let's find some dirt!

When I put the dirt setup back on Suzy (Kim names all her vehicles), we also decided to lower it so Kim could actually touch the ground....kinda. I put a Kouba Link on it and dropped the forks as far down as I could. Now it wasn't too tall, or too short, but juuussssst right :

Gold Hill

For our first DS ride, we decided to head up to Switz with our friends Jay and Kelsie. Kim was pretty nervous, as this would be her first time ever on a trail. She repeatedly asked me not to leave her behind....(geez, I guess I just give off that vibe). Anyway, when we first got there, she was pretty timid. That lasted all of 5 minutes, and then this happened:

Kim getting dirty

Kim and Jay on Switzerland trail

She really was impressing me. I mean, I know she's a totally capable rider, but she took to it like a fish to water. I don't have a picture of when she blasted this mud hole, but she went right through the middle of it WFO :

Kelsie breaking in her DRZ

I literally got goose bumps watching her do it. From there on, she started getting faster and faster. We stopped at the end of the Switz trail to rest and mess around on these little hills:

I threw a mean roost off the top of that hill

Me playing on Kim's bike

Jay messing around on Kelsie's DRZ

Once Kim saw Jay and I, she wanted to give it a whirl. I was pretty nervous, but hey, I knew she could do it. I didn't get a picture of her going over it the first time, only this lead in:

Kim played on the hills too, but this was the only picture I got of her

Luckily though, Jay got a video the next go:

(sorry I can't ever seem to get flickr video to embed correctly) I figured out how to embed flickr video

It didn't end pretty, but I was totally blown away that she even wanted to do it in the first place. By the looks if it, it's going to be a great summer.

To be continued (hopefully this weekend)....

rtadlock screwed with this post 06-02-2011 at 09:28 AM
rtadlock is offline   Reply With Quote