View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,088
The only things I ever require is long pants and a helmet.
Jacket only if its cold out.
90% of the time I can just hop on the bike.
When its HOT out, I have to put jeans on instead of shorts, i never ride in shorts.
On long rides I add sunblock.
30 years and I have not been down on the street, all that wearing the gear would have got old a long time ago.

On my last ride, I was enjoying a cold one at Fran's pub when a couple rolled up with 50 pounds of gear on, 90F 90% humidity, I felt sorry for them.

Guys who push it, new guys, rides on bad roads should all wear the gear I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Exactly.

The problem with ATGATT is the time and effort it takes, not to mention the heat (95 here today), to change into long pants, boots, gloves, textile jacket, full face helmet...just to make a 5 mintue (2 mile round trip) ride to the grocery store to pick up an item or 2 when I'm lounging around the house in shorts and flip-flops.

I'm not ATGATT. I'm a former HD, no helmet, no jacket, no gloves rider, although I am converting and have been wearing a half helmet on the HD for the last 7 years and now a full face helmet with more gear on the Tiger 1050.

But putting on all the stuff just for a short ride makes me question if I even want to take the bike....it's a lot easier to just hop in the car or ride with no gear.

I've thought of posting a poll....asking who is really 100% ATGATT with emphasis on ALL the gear and ALL the time.

I'm guessing very few of us are truly 100% ATGATT and more likely MTGMTT.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote