View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 AM   #24
greybeard146
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Question Is It A State Of Mind Thing?

Good thread...it got me thinking that if I was going to get a scooter--and I have thought about it--would I go through the whole rigamorole of ATGATT or MOTGMOTT?

I concluded that I would at least wear a decent looking leather jacket with suitable builit-in / removable protection that would work both on/off bike and would definitely not be of the space cadet variety; a good pair of hard-knuckle gloves - but not the gauntlet type; kevlar (Hood) jeans - I have some already and they're great both on and off the bike - especially in the cooler seasons; and a sturdy pair of boots that would easily fit underneath my jeans and not look out of place (Diadora ankle boots); and a buff, of course; and my (Shoei / Arai) lid would be a flip-up variant or a full-face job in silver / white / or other reasonably bright colour; and I would wear a back protector plus arm/elbow/knee protection.

The thinking behind the a/m is that once on the scooter, I should be well sorted, and once I reach my destination, I can easily remove / divest myself of gear as desired, and stuff it away in the copious compartments of my scooter with large wheels and bags of oomf!

But, if I was getting on my motorbike, then it would definitely be ATGATT. Period.

Topbox Tours

CB750 F2w / R1100RT / F650 / DL1000 / Bandit 600 / CB200
greybeard146 is offline   Reply With Quote