View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 06:35 AM   #5
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,345
After getting the scooter I had 2 week to get in some break in miles and do the initial oil change before our weekend trip. It was rough but somebody had to do it

We left Marietta shortly after noon with the scooter in the back of our truck and headed for Franklin. Some die hard Iron butt types may frown at trucking instead of riding but if I enjoyed riding on the highways I would have bought a big touring bike, not a 250cc scooter.

We arrived in Franklin and checked into the Franklin Motel, an old motel near downtown. Unfortunately, when we checked into our room, it reeked of cigarette smoke. They had no other suitable rooms so we got our money back and headed out to find another room......on a Saturday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend We were not happy, I specifically requested a Non Smoking room and he even gave me the room number when I made the reservation. It was a smoking room. It didn't look like that nice of a room either. I will not be going back to that motel.

So we drove a few blocks and saw a not very impressive little motel. I was not expecting much but they had a room available, $49 per night, stay 2 nights and get a third free. The room was old but much nicer than the Franklin Motel so we took it. The name of the place was the Budget Inn. Here's a few pics:

Like I said, it didn't look like much.

Here's inside the room.

And I prefer the old style motels where you can park right outside your door.

klaviator screwed with this post 06-09-2011 at 10:52 AM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote