View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #11
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,332
Some of my favorite roads are the narrow, not so well known roads that go from nowhere to nowhere. These roads are not as well known as "the Dragon", "the Snake, or the Cherohala Skyway. Because of this, they have much less traffic, especially on busy weekends when many of the main roads are too congested to be fun to ride. Additionally, many of these roads have much tighter curves and are much more challenging to ride than the more famous roads. It's probably good that most riders stay off these roads since soo many of them have trouble with the relatively predictable and gentle curves found on these other roads.

Here we are getting started on one of my favorites:

Besides being narrow, the road surface is also not as smooth as the main roads. The Aprilia handles tight curves very well but the suspension is a little too soft so we did occasionally bottom out the rear suspension.

We stopped on one of the many tight hairpins to take some pics.

And of course I had to make several passes so Debbi could get some action shots. It was a tough job but I was willing to do it in the interest of bring you a better ride report

There were many of these signs.

klaviator screwed with this post 06-07-2011 at 04:41 AM
klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote