View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #9
rtadlock OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,192
Don't tell the girls we stole their bikes

So today, Jay (bodhizafa in inmate speak) and I decided to play hooky and get some riding in up at Left Hand. I got over to his place at 9 and we headed out around 9:45. We took the long way over to LH, and we hit the trail around 10:30. Neither one of us really knows the area, so we just started riding around. We climbed up Firemans hill and rode over the top before taking a look around:

It seemed like we were riding a lot of loops, and it was all pretty technical. I was able to keep a pretty good pace, and we managed to ride quite a few trails in a few hours. There's some pretty fun/challenging single track that I didn't even realize I lived so close to for a long time:

Hmmm, looks pretty rough

Jay working some single track

Anyway, we were just about to head over to the Switzerland trail area and some other stuff Jay said he had on his GPS, when this happened:

That'll buff right out...

It all started at the top of this hill:

I don't know about this Rob...

Jay about to attack a pretty tough section

Jay said something about a steep rocky down hill, and by the time I heard him, I was already in my usual "pin it to win it" mode. I got down and looked back up at Jay. He thought he might take the other way around, but like the good friend I am, I convienced him it wasn't that bad, and even offered an "easy line". He got all the way to the bottom, and fell on the last little drop.

So I rode back home and picked up my truck and came back up to rescue Kelsie's injured stead:

DSC00970

DSC00971

Even though the day was cut short, it was a fun morning. We hit some lunch and Jay stopped and ordered the parts on the way home. He'll have it ready to ride in no time...