View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
FL_biker OP
Dakar Withdrawl

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIW View Post
you didn't mention but have you done any LD riding in the past?
FWIW,
I've never attempted a ride of this length - 12-14,000 miles before but I have done some pretty long days.

I did a SS1000 in 2008 when I rode from Tampa area to Marysville, OH in 19 hrs and 17 hrs on the return trip 2 days later - BUT that was on a Gold Wing - a little more comfy bike!

I've only done a 500 mile or so day on the Vstrom, but it WAS after an 8 hr day at work so I'm thinking/hoping I'll do okay. I've got hwy pegs on the strom and can use the passenger pegs like a sport bike so I can move around a bit.

I also have a Zumo 665 for MP3's and XM radio as well as iPhone connected to it too - so if I'm bored I can "phone a friend"

I'm psyched and cannot wait to get started..

The only "glitch" so far is I've started to get a cough and some tightness in my chest -- TALK ABOUT BAD TIMING!!! So I started on some Mucinex and hot-tea and other fluids 'cuz if I cancel this trip it's gonna be YEARS till I have time/money lined up to do it later on!!

Well it's off to bed 'cuz I still have that WORK stuff to contend with for 2 more days...and I'm a day behind now 'cuz I felt like crap and didn't get tools and clothes packed tonite like I was supposed to

Dave
FL_biker is offline   Reply With Quote