View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #15
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 3,057
I first had contact with Woody at 2:30 am during the Iron Butt 5000, we had a rider hit a road hazard and bend the front wheel of a BMW to not rideable.

Woody heard about the wheel and called me to offer his services.

Of course when I needed new wheels for my KTM I called Woody. we are taking my 990 to Europe for two up touring and I wanted much stronger wheels to carry myself and my " precious cargo " around the continent.

Woody made a very impassioned plea for me to change to a 19 / 17 set up, but I wanted to maintain the stock 21/18 setup. Woody tried his best to get me to go to narrower rims, sorry Woody I wanted stock sizes built as heavy duty as possible, on silver excel rims, Superlaced of course.

I now have about 4,000 miles on the wheels, my bike has a fantastic suspension setup Penske rear shock and Traxxion Dynamcs front end, Scott's stabilizer. Since many people change the width or rim size when getting new wheels built.

Here are my comments:

1. The difference in ride quality, handling and road feel was very noticeable

2. The bike feels extremely well planted on the road at all times, it ever feels loose or light, just planted .

3. People who ride and know bikes do a double take when they see the size and double lace design

All in all a great experience and a great product.
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.

Bill 310 screwed with this post 06-03-2011 at 01:58 PM
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote