View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #24
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,581
After our "extreme off road adventure", we got back on 28 and had fun on more curves Then 28 turned into a 4 lane, 55 MPH road for about 20 miles or so. This was not the best place for a small 250cc scooter but it did the job. We did slow down some on the long steep hills, but then it was easy cruising going down hill.

Eventually, 28 became a 2 lane road again and the curves began. First there were lots of high speed sweepers and the some nice tight turns. The last section before getting to Deals Gap is particularly nice with great curves and also very scenic as it runs along the water.

We pulled into Deals Gap expecting a huge crowd.

It really wasn't that busy. It was no more crowded than when I came here back in March. The mix of bikes was quite different though. Back in march there were lots of serious sport bikes. Today the parking lot was dominated by Harleys.

There was one other bike with an ADV sticker, a Triumph Tiger. I had met the rider before although I never new his name. He introduced himself and of course I promptly forgot it Having CRS disease is a terrible thing.

We did get him to take our "we were there" picture.

Then we walked around and looked at bikes. A BMW R1200GS caught Debbi's eye because it had some really rugged looking aluminum luggage on it. I explained that it was designed to handle really rugged adventure riding. The thing that caught my eye was that there was not a spec of dirt anywhere on the bike So much for rugged adventure riding

It was nearly noon and it was starting to get hot. So, how hot was it you ask?

It was so hot that this Harley burst into flames.

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote