View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #61
dbuzz
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Machine View Post
You're absolutely right, there's risk in pretty much everything. But I'm pretty convinced that the garbage man losing his leg to sepsis falls into the category of "infinitesimally low chance."

The road rash you get would be the same, be it from a moto, scoot, llama, or slingshot. That's my point: it does suck (I have enough to know) but apart from a week of sticking to the sheets, the long-term effects are pretty minimal. (Ugly, itchy scars: check) Basically, my point is that if the OP is cool with accepting the low, but omnipresent risk of low-grade road rash, then he should lose the heavy gear. If he's trying to make it cradle-to-grave with the baby-soft skin the Lord gave him, by all means suit up.
Oh it wasn't the sewerage truck guy that lost his leg ... it was the guy on a bike that went arse-up in the spill. I would agree that such occurrences may be low chance ... unless you live in an area where crap spilled from livestock carriers is common, as well as nice fresh and steaming cowpats in corners.

I agree that it is totally the decision of the OP ... mind you, being a girl who likes to perve on buff guys I don't find the presence of fresh roadrash or skin graft scars particular attractive. But that's just me ... some girls might like the notion of picking at someone's scabs
dbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote