View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
Effisland
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly-n-brian View Post
Hey guys, I need a little help, reseting my trip meter. Per the manual while on trip 1 or 2, you hold down the #2 button on the OBC. It's not working. I can reset the clock with no problem. I called 3 different BMW dealers and they had never had that problem come up. I finally disconnected the battery and that did the trick, but not permanently, the #2 button still does not work. I have just over 6K miles on the bike and just had the brake line rerouted and fender removed. But I don't think that would have caused the problem... Any thoughts? The dealer is 2.5 hours away.
My guess is that the function button has been switched, I've had this problem before and its aggravating as hell. You need to enter the edit function and change the setting so that it's back to normal. Check your manual on how to do this, I can't seem to find mine at the moment. Should fix the problem. You can tell whether this is the problem by pressing the button by the left grip and instead of scrolling through the computer (temp, ave speed, ave fuel etc) it scrolls the timer and odometer.