View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 05:44 AM   #140
Cogswell OP
Spudly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideDualSport.com View Post
Gogswell, congratulations on your fabulous restoration! It is stunning. I am sure it took lots of patience and perseverance to take care of all the details.
I really like how the original look was retained, no extra polishing of parts or extra chrome. There is a fine art to knowing when "enough is enough" and not over-restoring a bike. The older style valve covers are a nice nod to the past, they are most pleasing!
Cheers!
Thanks, I just wanted a nice clean rider. I got it cleaned back up a couple of days ago from the spring rally ride and the final drive repair. I will take it out again in a few days to put some miles on it and check for leaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmweuro View Post
I was reading every post to see if anyone had noticed you had the original wheel. You should have left it. The recall was a joke.
Yeah, I think it was mentioned a time or two. I've had some comments about it being a recall wheel when on rides too.
I figured I would go ahead and have it replaced since I ride the bike somewhat frequently.

Mike
The good thing is, your damn motor can't read. If it says oil on the container, it's pretty much OK to dump in there.... ED.
Cogswell is offline   Reply With Quote