View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #13
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,778
I got a PM asking how I took pics while riding. I've been asked that before so I'll post it here in case anyone else is wondering.

About a year ago I got tired of always having to stop and pull out my camera to get a pic. Also, it's hard to really show what the ride is like if you only take pics while stopped. So, I decided to start hanging my camera around my neck with a strap and take pics with my left hand. This way, if I need to, I can just drop the camera if needed.

I use an old Casio EX-Z400 digital camera. I will probably upgrade some time but it takes pretty good pictures.

I'm no expert photographer so I make up for lack of talent by snapping lots of pics. Usuelly some of them turn out OK and I can just delete the rest. I don't try to look at the camera to aim it. I just guess. I prefer to keep my eyes on the road. It's not too hard to do with a little practice. I think even a caveman could do it

Here's a recent pic showing the camera hanging from my neck:

This pic was taken at Deals Gap by US129 photographers

For anyone interested, the link for that ride report is here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693143

klaviator screwed with this post 06-07-2011 at 08:13 AM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote