View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,580
Handling is pretty good but much different from my Super 8. I'm not really used to it yet. Let me try to explain. The same thing happened years ago when I went from an EX500 to a SV650. I think that the main difference in handling is due to the wide, round profile tires on the Aprilia. The Kymco has fairly wide tires but they have a triagular profile - that makes them feel like narrower tires. The Kymco has very light and fast steering - it just snaps in corners and is always neutral. It feels like a little race bike. The aprilia has wide, round profile tires. It rolls over on its round tires in curves and is more affected by bumps in corners and braking in corners. Mainly, it just feels different The Aprilia also has a softer suspension making it feel much more plush but also not quite as well planted in fast bumpy curves.

The triple disc brakes work great. I doubt you'll find a scooter with better brakes. I also like the fact that the brakes are not linked. I HATE linked brakes.

I had a great ride in the North Georgia mountains and even spent some time riding with some 650-1200cc motorcyles. My ride report is here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694932

Overall, it works really well on the types of roads I like to ride.

klaviator screwed with this post 06-07-2011 at 08:23 AM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote