View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #39
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post

I replaced it with ...

The mesh doesn't look like it will burn through as quickly, although that wasn't an issue with my crash.
When I was doing research for riding gear one of the things I kept seeing in post-crash testimonials on most of the gear were statements regarding "I replaced it with . . ."

that was up until I read the testimonials on the suit I purchased. These were different.

The owners raved about how the gear survived, or, was only cosmetically damaged, and in the worst cases may have needed a small repair. This was completely different from everything else I had reviewed.

I rather liked the idea of not having to sacrifice a suit should a get-off be in my cards.

It's also nice, when the Kevlar weave won't burn through at all in a slide, not having to concern myself about how quickly will the nylon mesh or Cordura burn through.

I really don't understand why more manufacturers aren't using materials better suited (pun intended) to the purpose of the gear.

The suit I wear will protect me and survive. Even if I do manage to damage it, the manufacturer will repair it.

Considering the cost of protective gear, what are the advantages of paying a premium price for a one-time-use item?

Regardless of what anyone purchases, this Save Your Hide page is worth a read, just to better understand the materials used in various gear out there.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote