View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #443
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,267
Have a non stock stand on all my bikes - the Browns on my R75/7 is the least satisfactory.

I have a right hand side 2 into 1 exhaust , so the Micky Mouse idea of clamping a structural support to the exhaust pipe was a non starter.

Wasnt hard to rig up a bracket back to the frame but remember it turns the opposite way srom what you would think when it is loaded, that is the LH end goes up.

My secong grouse is the light springand poor geometry on the stand - if I kick the stand down the frigging thing bounces back up again !

The best stand I have seen is the one on my G/S made by a inmate here and sold on the vendors forum.

The mounting plate for the stand is threaded for the engine mount bolt so the existing bolt is plenty long enough , and the front of the mount plate extends forward and is bolted to the pivot bolt for the G/S footrest, secure and safe.
The spring geometry and strength are better than the Brown too - clunks solidly down and up , with no hint of a bounce.