View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 07:08 AM   #55
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Panther13 View Post
I understand that I was being a nuisance when I had to speed+split to get away from Shamu, but I honestly did not feel safe around her for both of our sakes...as if I would have had her next to me at a light, it would have been really hard to resist the urge to give her a nice dent in her door. She was an obvious danger after witnessing her stop late, and after the incessant tailgating. Some people just don't get it.
One little trick that can leave an impression on folks that stop close behind is to wait until the light changes, then put the sidestand down climb off and pretend to be monkeying with something on the bike.

Shamu would have been stuck, probably sounding her horn and might re-think the concept of not leaving herself an out by stopping a little farther back next time.

If she were to honk, you could do what a friend of mine once did. Slowly walk up to her car and ask if she honked the horn. Once she acknowledges this tell her, "The horn is designed as an attention-getting device and I just wanted you to know that you have my full and undivided attention."

No matter what, her behavior of "pushing" traffic will have backfired and she will be held up in a big way.

Have a little fun with it next time. Even if you are late, you'll be laughing all the way to class.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote