View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #75
HouseOfDexter
Flatlander

Oddometer: 41
ahh...Heat...a subject dear to me

It North Texas...we see both types...Dry Heat...and the Nasty Humid Heat...

This weekend did 900 miles in 93-95F in pretty much Dry Heat...On my Triumph Thunderbird Sport......I wore WalMart Under Armor knockoff, Leather Jacket...A* TX-1(with A* Bionic 2 Jacket under it)...it has a small strip of perforations along the shoulder/collar bone area...and a stretchy mesh type fabric on the underside of the sleeves. My Pants are Full Textile with no vents. During most of the ride. I just re-hydrated with water. On the last 200 miles on Sunday...when the temps started to get around 98F...I got serious about surviving the heat<95F and less and I don't even get phased>...I put my evaporation vest(from SixSixOne Core-Cooler Evaporation Vest under my Armor...filled up my Camelback...and I was good to go...as I'm posting this I survived it.

This all works great when your on the road...and moving...It's sucks when your commuting in stop and go traffic or sitting at lights or in High Death dealing Humidity. Evaporation doesn't work very under these conditions...and I would look into Phase Change Jacket...
HouseOfDexter is offline   Reply With Quote