Installing my Spud Rollers requires a slight modification of your XR650L chain guide. I recommend you follow this procedure.
Spud Roller Installation Guide
1) For each pair of rollers purchase the following items from a local hardware store.
Two 3/8 x 2-inch, hex head bolts (any grade metal is fine)
Two 3/8-inch nyloc nuts
2) Loosen the two bolts, and remove the chain slider from your chain guard.
3) Using a 3/8-inch drill bit, enlarge the two holes in the chain guard to 3/8-inch.
4) Install the polyurethane rollers using the hardware purchased in step 1, placing the nyloc nuts on the wheel side of the chain guide.
5) Tighten the bolts securely, but not so tight you can't rotate the Spud Rollers by hand.
6) Every few hundred miles, inspect the bolts to ensure they are still tight.
If you are interested in buying one or more of my Spud Rollers, please send me a personal message, and we can arrange for payment. I accept either personal checks, or payment via my PayPal account.
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider screwed with this post 07-27-2011 at 09:54 PM