View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Oddometer: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by h14xl View Post
I'm glad Bruce found his calling.
I don't know if I would say it was my "calling" but since joining ADV I have wondered how I could pass on something on to other riders since I have gotten so much from the site. Setting up some rides seems like a good way of giving something back. I can definitely say that time management on a ride is monumental...little things chew up so much time and next thing you know it's getting late in the day or its 2:00PM and you haven't stopped for lunch yet. One of the big things is be realistic of how much time you will spend at any particular stop...I realized this again yesterday and it brought back memories of doing the light house tour last year and running late both days. Note to self double your initial thoughts of how much time to spend at each location, you will use it, and if you don't use the time being ahead of schedule is OK and allows for little route detours.

I had a good time yesterday and the upcoming rides should only get better! If you have any thoughts for future rides around the DC/Baltimore area feel free to pass them on and if you have a map that would be great as well.