View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #49
geometrician
let's keep going...

Oddometer: 1,023
Laugh Installing mine as we speak

apologies if I flamed anyone at BDCW- I was looking out for the little guy.

I'm prepping my bike for a solo run to the top of Alaska & have the bike down to bits.

I noticed the rubber flaps for the original heat deflecting shroud are attached with small rubber tits which are pulled through holes in the shroud "frame'. Mine were installed so the open ends of the flaps were directed towards the center of the bike. I decided I would rather the heat went towards the "duct" created by the fairing/fuel tank and as there were holes there already, I swapped them around.

There must be a reason KTM put the holes there so they can be installed the other way. Anyone want to weigh in?

I also took the radiator down and washed it out, and washed the last Alaska trips' crud out of the fins by directing water back to front. I am going to use the stock rubber front guard and put a piece of screen in between it & the radiator itself. Have always used nylon in the past, but might do aluminum this time. These are fine radiators & I'd hate to hole one with the small rocks that abound out there
'87 KLR650 - <200K miles "Like the Energizer Bunny, just keeps going & going..."

geometrician screwed with this post 06-19-2011 at 12:24 PM Reason: spelling
geometrician is online now   Reply With Quote