View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #34
YOGOI OP
Prick

Oddometer: 3,454
We set up camp in a camp ground in town and awaken by the town dogs howling and barking in the morning. It was out of hand. I wondered if the people there just get used to it or if they think it is as crazy as we did.
Nothing opens till 10 or 11 so we have breakfast at the gas station. Horacio from Patagonia Rider finds us and wants to sell us tires. He's a pretty animated dude, and since the banks were closed he gave me the tires, and I was able to put the money into his bank account later (in Chili).
We also run into the people who helped us out in the van.
Next stop Puerto Natales.

In the morning we do a day trip to Torres del Paine.

We find our self's in the legendary winds of the Patagonia. 80 MPH winds that blow you right off the road. When we hit dirt the wind would push us sideways as the tires slid across the gravel. It sucked, and it was killing Milena with every gust of wind tense up and her knee was getting real sore. Plus, the mental aspect of going down again.
So, we saw the mnt's took a pic. and went back to Puerto Natales to catch out ferry ride north to Puerto Montt.

Pay'n for the tires.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote