View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
Spud Rider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.brat View Post
I'm glad you're selling these! I was just thinking about asking you when I got back from my mini trip.
How do I pay? Send me some!

Btw, can you post a picture of the spud roller set up installed in the chain guide? I'd like to get a visual. Do you find that the bolts tend to loosen? I'm wondering if thinner bolts with a 5/16 sleeve would be a better permanent solution so it can be fully tightened. Or maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Mike B
Thank you, Mike. Please send me a personal message, and I will give you the details.

Tomorrow I will take some photos of my installed Spud Rollers, and the mounting hardware. The bolts holding my Spud Rollers have never loosened; the nyloc nuts hold the bolts very securely. I think an inner sleeve would probably add more friction to the Spud Roller assembly, but I certainly wouldn't mind if someone decided to experiment with this configuration.

My Spud Rollers don't require any lubrication, or any maintenance whatsoever. Just tug on the bolts every 200 miles or so, to make sure they are tight. However, I have now ridden over 3,700 miles with my Spud Rollers installed, and the bolts have never loosened.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 07-19-2011 at 01:39 AM