View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #103
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,229
Mark.......i`ve been doing tests to see how effective the cooler works.....i took it down the highway at 140kph with the bypass turned on,no oil flowing through the cooler........after about 15-20 miles it hit it`s highest temp on my oil temp guage....250 degrees......and climbing ...but slowly.

Now bear in mind it was a cold day......i`ve seen 275 and climbing on this same run in summer on hot days......with the OE tank with the air scoops.....

I pulled the bike over,turned the bypass off.........oil now flowing through the cooler.........turned arround immediately and hit the highway back home........220-225 was max......

So 25 degrees or better cooling is really decent......if it was a hot day it wouldn`t get over 250 degrees.......this is also riding the snot out of it,,basically WFO for 20 miles.............it`s a Honda,it likes it rough

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is online now   Reply With Quote