View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #49
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,514
I now have the Traxxion AK20 system up front with the Ohlins rear. Took a bit to get the front dialed in to my liking. Brake dive is indeed gone. Bike is much more stable and planted. No wallowing in the turns. Performs very well about everywhere I've hammered it. And, I indeed wasted no time torture testing it.

Except, it does bottom out (up front) off jumps. I've not been able to eliminate that. So, I agree with nzcvlh on that. I've been slowly adding to the oil level in hopes to eliminate the fender clashing. I'm past 115mm, maybe close to 120mm. She still bottoms out the same. I can't say it "limits fork travel", as I'm bottoming out fender to beak on hard jumps! So, I don't understand that comment (above).

I decided to just ride it a while and quit fiddling with it. I'm not out jumping it every day. But, it is fun to jump my 35 ft. Table-Top out back with the F8 now. Couldn't do that before with the stock suspension. Wouldn't even have dared to try.

Its an expensive setup, but it has definitely transformed the bike into something closer to my personal spec's. I do like a plush ride on the road. Hit a lot of dirt, gravel, rocky forest roads. So, maybe its a good choice for me after all. Wish it didn't bottom out like this, though.

HF

p.s. Indy's rear shock mod is superb! Definitely a requirement for beefing up the top mount.
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com

HighFive screwed with this post 06-24-2011 at 05:27 AM
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote