View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
Spud Rider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.brat View Post
...Btw, can you post a picture of the spud roller set up installed in the chain guide? I'd like to get a visual...
As promised, here are some photos of my Spud Rollers in their natural habitat, Mike. The chain guide is a dirty, harsh environment. I have discovered my Spud Rollers reduce friction on the drive chain, especially in muddy environments.

In addition, my Spud Rollers are virtually maintenance free, only requiring a simple, quick, occasional inspection. Every 200 miles or so, merely tug on the bolts to ensure they are tight, and spin the rollers with your fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.brat View Post
...Do you find that the bolts tend to loosen? I'm wondering if thinner bolts with a 5/16 sleeve would be a better permanent solution so it can be fully tightened. Or maybe I'm just over thinking it...
I'm pleased to report the mounting bolts have never loosened on my Spud Rollers, Mike. Feel free to experiment with sleeves if you wish. However, I recommend using 3/8-inch bolts, without sleeves. If you try my recommended installation, I am confident you will discover it is very rugged, and reliable. I also believe my recommended installation will gather less dirt, and induce less friction than an installation employing sleeves.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 07-11-2011 at 01:34 PM