View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #15
blackhorserider
---

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
I heard it was fun to go riding in baja, so we decided to go. Bikes prepped, loaded and away we go. Ryman, Erock, and Hick........Tres Amigos.

Day 00. We drive to Vegas and meet up with hick. We spend the night in a dive hotel on the strip. Slot machines, shit buffet, waitresses with big fake boobs, typical "I'm stuck in hell" activities. No pics.

Day 0. We drive to Tecate and we're surprised by the wicked cool mountains we are traveling through. Very green.....nice.....chill. We cross the border and it is very easy. No passports. The Mexican border guard politely asks to see the registration for the "orange bike" .

For me, the sense of chill we were in immediately turns to a mind full of paranoia. A new place, new people, new culture. Is everyone looking at us? Is it safe to park here? My sense of awareness is off the charts. Chaos ensues. Traffic rules disappear.

I get into the traffic game and we head to rancho OJAI where we are to leave the pickup while we ride. Dark clouds are pushing down on us and it is starting to rain. WTF...I thought this place was supposed to be a desert. We load the bikes and try to prepare for the adventure ahead.
Dude. You sure can write!
blackhorserider is offline   Reply With Quote