View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #53
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,635
Thanks for the input, Indy. I need to correct my post above. I went the wrong direction with the measurement. I started at 115mm to oil level, and slowly began adding oil a few ounces at a time. I'm purely guessing that I am somewhere between 105 and 110mm, based on additional volume. At least, before my seal began to leak.

Started wondering if I put too much oil in it, and that's what blew my seal. But, I don't think so.....especially if you think I can run it at 100mm level.

Please elaborate on your heavier oil comment. How will 10w prevent bottoming out versus the 7w I am currently running? I was assuming oil level was the primary factor.....needing to reach a hydraulic locking point very near the travel limit.

I was actually wanting to try 5w, due to the fact that my compression adjuster is all the way out (min. compression) to get the feel I want. The Traxxion adjusters are very sensitive/effective. It feels real good there, but I'm out of any additional adjustment range (to the low soft side).

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote