Old 06-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #9
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuston View Post
Joel,

Thank you for all the advise.

Question: Can I really have stuck injectors or a stuck fuel at such low mileage? I guess anything is possible, but I do only run 91 octane, but it is California oxygenated / nitrogenated fuel.
A stuck pump usually takes some time to occur. Stuck injectors will happen on the tank of fuel that is nasty, or over the next few at latest.

It's not a mileage thing but is sometimes a time thing, and the less mileage the bike has over time the more likely fuel system damage is to occur.

To try and keep injectors from sticking on bikes in dealer inventory, tanks are filed to the bottom of the filler neck, BMW techron is added, and bikes are stored in a temperature controlled showroom, but it still happens occasionally occasionally when the bikes are prepared for delivery with only 15 miles on them.
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote