View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
fredgreen OP
Is it Spring yet?

Oddometer: 479
Laugh Monday ride

So....this morning (27th June) I went to the garage to get the KLR out and found the bike had morphed overnight.......into a Victory Kingpin

just screwing with you, this was going to be a road trip day with my buddy Rob. Rob and I were bunkies in basic training in Cornwallis 26 years ago, I think he's a little slow, most people think I a d*ck after an hour, Rob still talks to me after 26 years......Anywho, I blast off to his place to pick up him and his Harley, except...he's laid up with gout. I called him a pussy, old man, weak....to no avail, apparently this has no effect on gout, so off I went on my own. I took the back way around Greenwood Air base and before you knew it I was here

A cool old hydro dam from the olden days...

with a small lake above

From there it was inland to get to New Germany, In Cherryfield the LaHave River crossed under the road, I had to stop for some pics.

I was off to New Germany...pizza awaits.....5 bucks gets this

at this place

All fuelled up it was cross country toward Bangs Falls. I had to stop here

Because the road was getting very twisty....and very twisty roads need The Minglewood Band to be blasting through the Ipod. If you've never had Matt Minglewood in your head...on a twisty road.....on a big V Twin, well son, you just haven't lived.
From here it was on past Bang's Falls, then south to Liverpool for fuel and a coffee. Then it was time to blast off for home. A few last shots of the Mersey River

and it's nothing but Tail Lights

Home in time for supper after 400 kms....A good day

fredgreen screwed with this post 06-27-2011 at 05:28 PM
fredgreen is offline   Reply With Quote