View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:23 AM   #13
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,986
Ok my bike arrived in 6 days from me riding it to Qantas in Sydney to sitting outside my room at the Sunrock guesthouse in kempton park Johannasburg.

This is how it all went down.

I went over to the Swiss cargo at the frieght terminal, grabbed my paperwork from them then drove up to the customs house, which the big grey building about 200 metres up the road. Went to the 1st floor counter 5 they called one of the guys from upstairs, 5 minutes later he's taking me upstairs wait another 5 minutes my carnet is stamped, go back down stairs pay the 10 rand parking fee just inside the main entrance to the building, so I can get out of the car park, drive back up to Swiss cargo give them my paperwork pay 180 rand, 25 aussie dollars, they take me to my gear in a bag and my bike i say, ill take my gear go get my helmet and be back. Take my gear back the few minutes to the Sunrock guest house grab my helmet and walk the 10 or so minutes back over to the freight terminal grab my bike, sign for it and ride away. To bloody easy, you may save some money shipping by boat but boy quick, no dramas and no damage other than a little scratch on the top of one of the panniers and im back at the Sunrock Guesthouse within an hour and a half of deciding to go see if my bike was there.

Thanks Qantas and everyone involved highly reccomend that process. If your thinking of bringing your bike I have no hesitation recommending that way.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-18-2013 at 10:21 PM
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote