View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #813
Second chance
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
I've been running the Britannia Composites Mirage 2 since November and I just put the new smoke windscreen on too. The original screen was good but there were circumstances where you could get the "right bad mix" and there was still a bit of buffeting (or actually dreaded XD peak vibes) for me.

The new screen is a big improvement!! It's a little wider (3/4" on each side), comes down lower and has a different scoop.

Not the greatest pics but you get the idea.

It works better in every situation. Wider, taller air pocket than before and less wind at the shoulders than before too. I even find I can now run my screen about an inch lower than before and get better coverage. There are times when I'm riding that it's so calm and quite behind the screen I'm shocked...honestly!

I'm 5'10" FYI and I think this newer screen will work much better for taller riders too. I still have about 2.5" - 3" of height adjustment left.

One of favorite things about this fairing is that you can slide down the screen for off-road very easily (less guillotine ). I don't even have to stop. I can push down on each side sequentially and push up form the bottom to put it back up for road use or fine tuning on the fly.

I'm not using the upper dash as a GPS mount though since I use a 60CX on a Ram mount so I can't comment on that.

Very happy with it!!

Dave

I've been very pleased with my Mirage 2 also. I'm 5'8" tall and I have about 4" left to raise the screen when I have it adjusted for riding on the road. Huge improvement over the stock screen. I feel it is well worth the extra money over some of the other manufacturers screens. And I think it looks like it belongs on the bike unlike others I have seen. Just my 2 cents.
Second chance is offline   Reply With Quote