View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #10
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
Day 2 July 1 698kms Punchaw Lake to Meziadin Lake

Left Punchaw early and rode to Prince George for gas and headed west for Fort Fraser. While I am away next year, my wife is moving back to her home town. I stopped to check on the work done to the septic system on our new house on the way through.
New House

I carried on to Burns Lake where I was planning to stop and find an internet connection I stopped at the tourist info booth for wifi, but it was closed. But….. there was free internet and a table to sit at, and the rain had slowed by that time
My office for a while

While sitting in my new office, a couple of young ladies drove up and asked if they could help me. I told them no, I am OK. They said “ no, really, can we help you?” so I am thinking, What, I shouldn’t be here.
They then told me they worked at the info booth, and they wanted to help me. They then told me there was a Canada Day celebration in the park and invited me.
After I was done online, I headed down to check it out. I got there Just at the end of the parade and the beginning of the festivities
Lots of people hanging out

Vendors selling their wares

A band

Interesting head gear

More people

Nothing says Canada like a traditional Canada day goat

More interesting head gear

Headed off in the rain for Smithers, where I stopped for a bite to eat at McDs, then carried on.
At the next gas stop(kitwanga) met a couple from Oz on a KLR and a DR650 heading to Argentina. Chatted a bit then carried on to Meziadin, where I set up camp in the Provincial campsite.

Met a couple from Germany who were riding their bicycles from Anchorage to Patagonia, and a well travelled Dutch lady from South Africa

BC Brian is online now   Reply With Quote