View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #37
Ratman OP
Lucky Rider

Oddometer: 1,110
Taos Country

We woke to more wonderful weather. The nights are cold at altitude. Nip is on the verge of being cold. He's resorted to sleeping with all his clothes on including his long undies. Complicating his sleeping is a leak in his permarest mat.
Finally we soaped his mat up and found his leak and put tire patch cement on the hole which stopped the leak. Nip was now hopeful of better nights sleeping to come.
There is a 100 mile figure 8 couple of loops in the Taos Mtn for a great ride of the area. We would do most of that today.
Here we are at a historic building just outside of Penasco...Nip and his Harley make a great model.
From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

We stopped at Kristi's Kafe, near Mora, for breakfast. It was a good choice. Good food and good quantity. By the time we finished the temp had warmed to perfect.
From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

Lots of open country
From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

Lot's of old ranch houses/barns returning to dust....
From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

Nip follows along passing another old relic of a building. We went north from Mora.
From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

The folks have time for their churches up there.
From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

Back to the relics...
From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

I have great respect for these guys. Looks like fun if you can just subtract the pain in the legs.
From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

Springer NM is east a bit. I needed to go there as my last name is Springer. A true adventurer had to go there. To that end we took 120 east. I hadn't noticed that a bit of it was dirt, but only about 15 miles.
From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

We went up to about 9000 ft, and saw a Cinnamoned colored 200 lb Black bear who was all about getting the hell away from us. That was cool with us. I'd have a hard time doing a quick u-turn for an escape.
Shortly we regained pavement, but at the hotter high planes level of 5000 ft.
From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

Look at those blue skies and cotton ball clouds.
From Riding SM4C, Sabmag

Wagon Mound next......
p.ratfab@gmail.com
Ratman is offline   Reply With Quote