View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #236
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,170
Ok, had a good time at the super seceret test facility in Ct on the 2011 YZ 125. I did do some break in heat cycles at the house on Saturday as well as went easy for the first 2-3 moto's today and didn't really beat it much all day.
The engine is smooth as silk with plenty of mid range a nice top but no real hit to the motor, the KTM had a wicked top end that exploded which was nice in certain situations but not so in others. Yz linear and easy to ride,KTM a rocket ship and a bit of a handful at times. The YZ was not slow in anyway and I was actually surprised how quick it was, very easy to ride.
The handling was completly neutral, again very easy to ride, very refined unlike the rough edges of the KTM, suspension was perfect and did nothing what so ever to kick or jump on the braking bumps as well as soaked up many of the short or flat landings I had today. I have to say I was very impressed with the bike!
I loved my KTM and bought two in the last three years but was looking for a change and I think I am happy with the change I made. The KTM's are like stallions that buck you but also can be unbelivebly fast and the Yamaha feels more refined and developed like a cutting horse...time will tell

My only complaint on the YZ is the handgrips, they are so hard that my well callused hands from riding twice a week were basiclly bleeding at the end of the day. they get changed tomorrow

pvangel screwed with this post 07-04-2011 at 07:48 PM
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote