View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #38
rhino_adv OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzx1000r View Post
Awesome, I look forward to seeing these. I made a route through Iowa this year and it had many old bridges. I will be working on a route from Northern Il. to Southern Il. for us to do in the spring. We want to get down to the Shawnee and back and if all goes well we will incorporate your route or at least some of it. I want to see your bridges they are awesome. Thanks for working on this one, great pics.

kimzx1000r;

I think the best possible route/track of the southern 1/3 of the state has already been mapped out by BigDog. It starts at the Moonshine General Store (home of the moonburger) in Moonshine, Illinois and goes south and then west through the Shawnee National Forrest and ends up at the "Bottoms Up Bar and Grill" in Nunert, Illinois (just North of Grand Tower). BigDog has added many POIs to the route/track. If your interested here is the file: Moonshine.gpx

Also. If you would like, Id be happy to give you a guided tour of some of the bridges near me when you get down this way. Just give me a few days notice.

Brad
985+ Old Bridges in Missouri
PAVED ROADS...... ANOTHER PERFECT EXAMPLE OF NEEDLESS, SPENDING BY THE GOVERNMENT"
rhino_adv is offline   Reply With Quote