Originally Posted by Colebatch
...ongoing debate with the editor about the type of footage.
He ... wants to keep it tight.
I agree that will indeed be better for the uninitiated ... . But part of me also thinks the 'already into adventure motorcycling' crowd (you lot) will want maximum footage of the interesting riding bits ... even if that footage is lesser quality, ... sound less than ideal etc ... stitch together as much funky footage together as logic allows.
drop all the extra stuff into an "out takes" like menu choice off of the main menu. include some behind the scenes stuff. if you have crappy sound, bg it with some royalty free music track. Use some minimal subtitling to establish setting. This way, the hard core adv guys will dig thru all the footage, while the main production can maintain flow/continuity and brevity.
• Indian Himalaya:Gangotri-Shimla-Manali-Pavarti-Spiti-Leh-Kargil-Padum-Sringhar-Daramsala (3 mo.--2x)
• Kazakstan-Krygyzstan-Tajikistan-Xin Xiang to Lhasa, Tibet on China 219!-Nepal (7 months)
• Santiago, Chile to Ushuia Argentina and up to Cusco, Peru (7 months)
• Peruvian Andes (3 months)
• N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months) ••• Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)