View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #26
LC Garage OP
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 712
Parts Bike - prepping for Chehalis

This weekend I picked up a parts bike that has several good pieces that will help upgrade the old twin before Chehalis. This bike was last raced several years ago and I'm told blew the transmission. One interesting twist; this bike is said to have my original powroll 400 kit! When I went to pick the bike up, the prior owner was there and he said that he had bought the motor from the guy who had my bike for all those years. The SL350 community is small and everyone seems to have some information or a bit of history to add to each of these machines, it keeps it interesting.

The rear shocks are Works Performance and will be a big upgrade from my bargain basement SW's, the low swept exhaust and smooth side panels will help slim the bike and lower the center of gravity and the TT500 rear wheel will reduce unsprung weight and give more sprocket options. It even has the same Elsinore forks and front wheel I was already running so will provide some spares. Over the winter I'll tear down the motor and if the 400 kit is in decent shape will add that as well for next year.

Here are a few pics of the new parts bike;

right front view

left front view

rear; exhaust, shock, rear wheel

elsinore front end
LC Garage is offline   Reply With Quote