View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 04:02 AM   #1037
KutG
Here we go!!!

Oddometer: 3
Hi Doug,

After meeting you in Ankara, we have started the Stans together with my wife Seden and Ramo on his XTZ 660 Tenere earlier than your trip. The route was Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and return. Remember the final drive problem on the way, I guess, this is just occurred due to speedy descent up from 4200 meters high 0 degree Celsius Kizil Art Pass border post at Pamir Mountains down to 40 degree Celsius Osh Fergana Valley in only half a day.

By the way, take care of this lovely dog at Kyrgyz side of border post which you arrive after 20 km of driving on a ugly muddy road on the no-man zone after Tajik border post on the Kizil Art pass . How the hell is this Tajik border post at 4200 meters operational all year long ?

This guy got very much excited when we approach the Kyrgyz post, followed us all the way when we carry out passport and custom formalities, attempted to bite my wife first and then succeeded to bite me finally . It costs me an anti-rabies vaccination at Bishkek and immediate return from Tashkent due to lack of identical vaccination in Tashkent. My bike is now resting in Tashkent, expecting me to take him back to home .

Finally, if you drive long way on the Afghan border, simply ignore the awful questions of custom officers about the narcotic trafficking at the Kyrgyz post.

Enjoy your trip,

Tankut
2008 Iran, Armenia and Georgia & On the tracks of Ottomans in Balkans (R1200 GSA)
2007 Greece (R1200C Montauk)
KutG is offline   Reply With Quote