Thread: Yuta North
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Yuta North

This is a first ride of any distance at all on a street legal machine for me. Always been a dirt bike kind of guy and still am deep down inside but thought there was more I needed to experience. So with the kids raised and married off I got permission from the Mrs. to move on to this next part of life's expereinces and checking things off the bucket list. I took this little jaunt end of June 2011 from Providence Utah over the top of Trappers Loop above Huntsville, UT and onward to Morgan, East Canyon, Hennifer, Monte Cristo, Randolph, Garden City, Logan Canyon and home.

Mileage for the day 275. The Strom averaged 54 mpg, ran perfect all day.

Historical marker in Morgan, UT
Cabin where the little fellar was born, in Morgan.

Wagon road historical marker, many of our great, greats passed this way. Beautiful rugged country.

Very popular route for more than one reason. Now we travel in 10 minutes what would take our Pioneer folks a dang day to cover.
The tool for the day next to the historical marker that follows below. The ill-fated Donner Party used this route as well.

Devil's Slide near Croydon, UT. The name appears to be more than apropriate.

Still a fair bit of snow for end of June over the top of Monte Cristo. This is the most snow any of us can remember this late in the year.

That's it for now. Until next ride.
dirt4me is offline   Reply With Quote