View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #14
michael.brat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Yesterday I decided to change the mounting hardware for the Spud Rollers in my chain guide. For the last 4,700 miles, I have been using two, 5/16 x 2-inch bolts, nyloc nuts and washers to secure the polyurethane chain rollers in my chain guide. Yesterday I switched to to two, 3/8 x 2-inch bolts and nyloc nuts.

Since both the bolt heads, and the nyloc nuts of my new, 3/8-inch hardware are much larger, I decided not to use the washers shown in the photograph above. I'm pleased to report the hex head bolts and nyloc nuts hold my Spud Rollers very securely in the chain guide. However, if you are interested, for an additional cost I can also supply my Spud Rollers with two, 3/8-inch sleeves which span the chain guide.

Spud
I should of thought of that
I noticed a good amount of play with the current 5/16 bolts. It's also pretty noisy. Doesn't bother me but I notice it.
I'll run to the local hardware store tomorrow and pick up some larger ones.

Btw; installed that RK chain, front chain roller (spud recommended special ), and a Renthal XRR 15T. Nice design to their sprocket; I'll let you know how it holds up. Had to grind down about 2mm on the backside inner splines to get it to fit (like the Primary Drive one)

Mike B