View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
243Win OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
Cool2 $1000 in the pocket, how far can we go?

Plan is to leave home Monday and head east across the northern portion of Washington State and simply head east until I run through half my money and then turn around and come home.

The ride is like my last, to clear my head. Monday would have been my start date at my old employer if I'd successfully nailed my last two interviews. Well the interviews went very well, but somethng apparently went awry on me. The last ride did a lot to help me get my head on straight and get over the depression of getting laid off.

I'm hoping to get at least as far as Glacier Nat. Park. Never been to Montana before. If the money is holding out, N. Dakota is a possibility too. No time set, just go and come back when funds are depleted. Route back will be 12 across Idaho and southern Washington out to the coast and essentially circumnavigate Washington as I close into home.

If anyone is traveling in that vicintiy and spies a dark gray SV650n with luggage (and Moose brand handguards) sporting an ADV sticker or two, drop by my camp, I mix a pretty good Gin&Tonic.

I'd prefer to take my DR650, but I've got plans for it and I won't have time to fix it up in time to leave Monday, I worked all winter on my SV making some mods to make it roadtrip comfy so it is ready to roll, I only need to mount a top box and it is good to go.

More to come, I like to post from the road while the experiences are fresh in my mind.

10 State Trip 2010
2011, $1000 in the pocket, how far can we go

243Win screwed with this post 07-29-2011 at 08:14 PM
243Win is offline   Reply With Quote