View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #28
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,613
I have not rode the Triumph, so I also read it closely. I wanted to write the bike off as not comparable off road, but then I started adding up the changes I made to the BMW 800 and why.

Bitubo cartridge inserts and springs to address the front. Heavier springs for the rear, almost full hard on rebound. To much torque for dirt? I run knobbies plus added an Accelerator module and G2 throttle tube to smooth out its sudden application. At 5,000 rpm it does get tingly and feels like it is running out of breath. I added a Leo Vince exhaust, that and mileage seems to have solved both problems. I don't mind the gear shift, but if my boots get wet, I do find myself using the heel of my boot on the lever to shift. Switch gear you get used to, but I did shave the back of the brake arm in order to raise it. A cheap mod for seat involves an electric carving knife, I did that too.

So it seems to me the criticism of the bike is valid and good to know I did not waste my money on farkels.

I really did not spend a great deal of money and my average mileage is better than the test bike.

I think if the testers rode my bike they would pick a different winner, but for a new customer I understand now why they might not.

I am not sure if would still pick the BMW, but if I did, I want to transfer my modifications.

PS, it is a 800 Griz.

itsatdm screwed with this post 07-19-2011 at 10:53 AM
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote