View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #67
Ratman OP
Lucky Rider

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by linksIT View Post
Thanks allot for sharing this trip. I really like the minimalistic approach and you trailering the DS. Awesome
Hey, Linksit, your just down yhe street from me. Maybe we'll run into one another one day. I make a game out of it....how cheap can I be. Besides I can take another trip sooner. The DS is nice to have along.....but it does take 'fast' out of the equation. A few years ago that would have bothered me. Not now....now I'm looking at things, not just riding by them.

Quote:
Iloco says:I have enjoyed this post a lot. The area you have ridden in and showed us pictures is my favorite area of the West.
I live in Va but hope to make the trip to the area again if things work out.
It is a great area for sure. Can't really say it's the best. I sure had great weather this trip. I can ride and camp in the rain, but it make a big diff. I think where I have been on this trip tends to have great weather. Maybe I'll run into you out there one day.

Quote:
Lunatic says: I like your style. If you get down to White Sands look us up.
You betcha, I'd love to have coffee with you one day, and find out where the good roads are.

Quote:
W4W say: Man this has been a great RR!!! Thank you so much for taking us along. I do have to mention that you may have screwed me though...I can't get the notion of building a trailer to tow my DS bike with my Harley.
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Well you've seen what I did. I bet you can improve on the idea....give it a go. I bet a Harley would pull it alright with that massive torque that you have. Besides you can gear down if you have to.
p.ratfab@gmail.com

Ratman screwed with this post 07-09-2011 at 07:24 AM
Ratman is offline   Reply With Quote