View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexol View Post
Please tell me about this part:

"The gauge function can be used on motors with 3 or more cylinders/intake (like a car) but the tach..."

I'm especially interested in the 3 cyclinder part and will buy immediately if I can use this (easily) on my Laverda. using the Twinmax to balance A against B, then B to C and A to A and around the houses again is a PITA!

Thanks,

Alex
The 2 primary modes of reading the vacuum in the intakes are balancer and gauge modes.
In balancer mode the display shows the difference between the 2 chosen cylinders
In gauge mode only one cylinder is measured and the display shows the magnitude of the vacuum.

For your 3 cylinder engine the Harmonizer will be used much like the TwinMax ie. A to B, B to C, and C to A

If you want to be able to display all 3 cylinders at the same time you're gunna hafta wait for his next product, the 4 cylinder unit.

BUT this 2 channel unit will be MUCH better than the TM due to it's advanced design and inherent stability over the TM. This means it will be easier to use and will balance your triple quicker than the old TM.

The battery life issue alone will eliminate a huge variance, let alone the all digital circuitry used in the Harmonizer vs. the analog circuit in the TM.

JJ

johnjen screwed with this post 07-09-2011 at 07:29 PM
johnjen is online now   Reply With Quote