View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #50
Ronin ADV
Gear addict

Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
Haven't ridden the Triumph but for the riding I do I can't fathom having even less ground clearance than I have now. My side stand and center stand are almost 100% paint free and one skidplate has already given its life. An extra inch in this area is huge (insert off color comment here).....
This.
I have the F800 and have it primarily set up for dirt (knobbies, woody's wheels, hyperpro, shock bolt brace, etc). When I say dirt I do not mean hard singletrack as this bike is a pig as it is. I cannot imagine wanting more weight to throw around. I also am one of the minority who thinks the F800 is not tall enough, so less clearence would definitely be a deal breaker for me. I use the bike for mixed dirt and paved rides, both day long and especially multiday. In this role as a long distance moderate dirt mule the F800 works well. But every time I get on my WR250R I am reminded of its limitations. Heavier and lower = bad.
Red dirt, rocks and sand; Riding the southern UTBDR, WR250R vs EXC 500 - a comparison
Ronin ADV is offline   Reply With Quote