View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #941
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,915
Accommodations.....(You can begin calling Thursday morning to make reservations.)

The Lodge-(719) 655-2264

This will be our Base Camp and the location where meals will be served and our Social Activities will occur. The Lodge is located about 3/4 of a mile south of town on the west side of the road. You can't miss it.

1. Private Rooms. There are only a handful of rooms, but they can handle 4 to 7-8 people. Please do me a favor. If you reserve one of the larger rooms.....recruit some bunkmates. Lodging will be an issue if a couple of those big rooms are reserved and only two people stay in those rooms. Pricing varies.

2. Hunters Lodge. One big room with about 10 beds, Hostel Style with two bathrooms that will be shared with the tent campers for showering. $12.50 per night, per bed. (Those folks that paid me for a bunk.....get first dibs on these beds.)
Those of you that paid me for a Lodge Bunk at Sipapu.....I am going to give you a refund. We don't have that situation in Saguache.

3. Tent Camping. Unlimited....green grass.....huge Willow Trees for shade. Really nice. $8 a night. (Yeah I know that Sipapu was free.....but we are at a new location and $8 is a lower price than they normally charge.) RMAR will also order 2 Porta-Potties.

4. RV Spaces. If I remember correctly.....I think there are about 8 spaces. $15 a night....but that only gets you electricity. Water and Sewer are not available. (Although, there is potable water on the property....just not close to the RV sites.)

Hillside Motel -(719) 655-2524

I believe there are 9 rooms available. Matt and I were not able to see the inside of these, but a couple of comments on the web speak of very nice rooms. These range from $50 for a single to $90 for a room that sleeps about 6. Hillside is located in town, about a mile from The Lodge. I have "Blocked Out" all of these rooms for our weekend.

Old Cow Town - (719-655-2224)
http://www.oldcowtowncolorado.com/

We did not visit this place. It is located about 20 minutes west of town, but it is supposed to be nice.....and a bit pricey.

Grandma's House B&B - Phone Number?????
I am trying to get details on this one. Supposedly it resides in Saguache and has four rooms....but I can't find it on the web.

National Forest Service or BLM
If you really want free tent camping..... you can pop your abode in designated areas. I suspect, the closest you can get to The Lodge (our base camp) is about 10 miles. But, its an option..
Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com

Big_John screwed with this post 07-13-2011 at 06:41 PM
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote